Friday, October 3, 2008

Science for all the right reasons

ever held a calculator in your life? if you say no, i understand. apparently there are quite a few people in the world who have NOT held a calculator in their life. There are also quite a few people who have not flown on a plane, had a needle poked in their ass and watched TV. it got me thinking.....sometimes we take things for granted. yes, im talking about all those ppl who seem to have a bone to pick with science. Science is polluting, science is not perfect...and blah blah. The same people who use a calculator and drive a car will tell you that man and dinosaur coexisted a thousand years ago, YES A THOUSAND YEARS AGO.

I came across a blog which asked the question....can religion and science coexist peacefully? the answer is no....no because religion depends on faith and science depends on evidence. No because religion is a sort of dictatorship where your lives are controlled by an all powerful God who seems to detest his subjects ever learning things. Hell, they should have added a sentence in the holy books saying 'God does not want you to learn but rather, he wants you to bow and serve him at all times'.

There was a time when I used to be scared of swearing in case the man upstairs was listening, there was a time when I used to put the mat on the floor, sit down and pray fervently. There was a time when I used to recite a small prayer that my mom told me to say when I heard things in the dark. Not anymore, now I just listen to reason and logic. We will always have religion because man fears death and the unknown......if we conquer death, religion may eventually disappear, until then......the so called clash of ideas will continue.

No comments: